Gathering production data with KeyPDTs
Since its first version that was called PVT 9801 started to be used in industry in 1998, the device reached its current from with plenty of new and patented hardware, software and industrial designs.
More than 20,000 KeyPDTs are being used in manufacturing areas under various heavy industry conditions with a significantly low repair and return rate.
KeyPDTs are able to send new data to centers in periods as short as one tenth of a second, hence data from all devices in a factory that includes 300 devices are able to be transferred to the centers 10 times in one second.
Advantages of gathering data with KeyPDT
• All the functions that need to be carried out next to the manufacturing machine in a factory are encompassed in a single industrial device bidirectionally, from both machine and operator to the center and also from the center to the machine and operator.
• The operations of the operator introducing oneself next to a machine and the starting of production depending on work orders can be done.
• Sensor Data, such as the amount of production, meters and weight, can be automatically gathered in an absolutely loss-free and appropriate way via the application of different motion combinations, signal filters and flows and can instantly be transferred to the center.
• Stoppage durations are collected automatically.
• Data entry of KeyPDTs can be made with a keypad, barcode scanner and a RFID reader and data can be obtained via serial communication with devices, such as machines and scales.
• The device’s digital outputs can be activated by various notices and status information can locally be shared with the peripherals through the actuators connected to these digital outputs.
• Product, pallet and parcel labels can be printed with barcode printers that can connect to KeyPDTs from the RS232 port.
• Thanks to its data collection structure that was uniformly set up independent of the machinery’s brand and models in the manufacturing area, the opportunity to gather production data from all kinds of machines in the same way is provided.
|Offline Functioning||Included. In cases that cables are severed, servers are down etc. it can hold data for as long as a week on average within its memory and can send past data to the system when it becomes online again.|
|Screen/Indicator||128x64 Graphical LCD|
|Operator Interface||Included. Has 20 basic functions with a Graphic LCD screen and an alpha numerical keypad.|
|Method of Communicating with the Service||Cabled serial communication with RS485|
|Communication Ports with Peripheral Units||RS232 and PS/2 ports, 1 receive, 2 transmit pins and pins reserved for PS/2|
|Digital Input Features||Five digital inputs (Two 24kHz, three 500Hz)|
|Digital Input Voltage||12-24 VDC|
|Digital Output Features||Two digital outputs|
|Besleme Gerilimi||12-36 VDC|
|Operating Temperature||0-60 °C|
|Operating Humidity||Maximum of 95 percent (non-condensed)|
Wall mounted (flat surface) montage
KeyPDT operator panels can be mounted on surfaces such as walls and machines or formed surfaces. Firstly, the connection platform is mounted on a flat surface with the help of four screws. Afterwards, the KeyPDT is placed on the connection platform via its hooks and is fixed with the help of a screw.
KeyPDT Operator Panels can be mounted on consoles that are fixed on the ground and similar settings. In this montage type, the cables between a machine and a KeyPDT can be required to be passed from either under or above ground. Situating the console close to the machine bears significance in terms of preventing heavy vehicles like forklifts from passing over the cables. The length of the cable that will head to the KeyPDT from the junction of the KeyPDT’s communication connection needs to be five meters at most. For this reason, the suggested method is to place junction boxes under and behind console settings and spots similar to that and to establish communication cable connections through the line/DIN rail connectors.